(Left to right) NY Assemblymember Margaret Markey, Prof. Marci Hamilton, Cardozo Law School, Jennifer Haselberger, JD, Art McGrath, CTA Metro NY President, Nancy Lorence, CTA Metro NY Secretary
Call to Action is a movement working for equality and justice in the church and society. The Metro NY chapter is one of 53 local chapters and part of an independent national organization of over 25,000 people.
- Challenges Catholics to act for justice and build inclusive communities.
- Educates, inspires and activates Catholics to act for justice and build inclusive communities through a lens of anti-racism and anti-oppression principles.
- Promotes its vision of a progressive, engaged Catholicism through its acclaimed annual conferences, award-winning publications, extensive network of regional groups and joint programs with other Catholic renewal organizations.
- Draws its mission from the US Bishops’ 1976 Call To Action conference, and the “Call for Reform in the Catholic Church” proclaimed by more than 20,000 signers and articulates its goals for our Church.
Board of Directors
- President – Art McGrath
- Vice President – Roe Sauerzopf
- Secretary – Nancy Lorence
- Treasurer- Marylee Raymond Diamond
- Board Members – Paula Acuti, Juan Fonseca, Gerry O’Shea, Mary Sugrue, and Karen Jorgensen
- Dignity USA
- Future Church
- National Catholic Reporter
- New Ways Ministry
- Network Lobby for Catholic Social Justice
- SNAP Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests
- Voice of the Faithful
- Women’s Ordination Conference